Revision Seminars - Available Dates
Seminars and lectures:
If you are looking to boost student grades in Business this year then why not book a revision seminar at your school for your students. Please see the calendar above for available dates. Each revision seminar is bespoke to the needs of your students and can be GCSE Business or A Level Business or a mixture of the two on one day. Why not contact us today – sessions could be cheaper than you thought! email@example.com.
- Students can gain a valuable insight into what examiners are looking for
- Advice and techniques for answering and structuring exam questions
- Specialist advice from a business teacher and examiner with decades of experience
Each seminar will:
- Cover any syllabus topics you wish to focus on in great detail
- Help to consolidate student learning
- Give students clear understanding of trickier topics
- Have a lively pace which will be quick but easy to follow
- Focusing on exam revision techniques
- Re-energise students to focus on their own learning
- Give students tips and tricks to help them succeed
- Give students an opportunity to for a Q and A session with a business examiner
Bespoke lectures from an expert:
Are your students looking for tools to help them structure a clear answer? Are you looking to build confidence in your students, help them with their exam prep and also help them to achieve higher grades? If so a business seminar held at your school and tailored to your requirements could help you.
Please contact me via e-mail to discuss your requirements and to get a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no limit to the number of students that can attend a session – your only limit is the capacity of your room. Sessions can be a tutorial with a small group or a lecture to a large audience. You can book a half day (10:00 – 12:00) or a whole day (10:00 – 12:00 and 1:00 – 3:00)
Each session includes exclusive materials and activities which are not published elsewhere which students can keep to help their revision. Teachers and business staff are welcome to participate in any way on the day. Many schools charge the cost of the seminar to the students, as it much cheaper than private tuition to boost grades.
About the lecturer:
Hi I’m Sarah Hilton (BA Hons) and I have a PGCE in Secondary business education and I am currently a Head of Department of Business and Enterprise at a leading school in Derbyshire. I now work part-time so I get time to write all the resources and materials for Revisionstation. I run this as a sole trader so I have first hand knowledge of business, which helps to bring business theory to life, as I can explain to students how elements like the ‘business plan’ work in practice.
I have taught in a range of schools and colleges over the last 18 years and I have also attended a great deal of INSET training events in that time. I hope I have put together some really interesting lectures and seminars which the students will find are exciting, engaging and useful.
I have a 17 year old -(year 12) son, so I am in quite a good position to add student friendly case materials to the sessions. I aim to really get students thinking, switching on brains, and giving them an examiner’s perspective. I teach Edexcel but I examine AQA, and I have examined OCR and taught OCR so I am happy to give lectures or seminars on any board.
I am to give you value for money, the time I’m with the students will be productive time. The sessions will be chunked so there is lots of scope to engage mixed ability learners. If you have particular topics that you want covering (PED / YED maybe) then I am quite happy to do that. please e-mail to let me know your full requirements.
Location / Range:
I am based in Derbyshire, so please consider the range when booking. I can go further afield but please be aware this may incur expenses and so the quote will be higher. I am happy to travel which is why the sessions start at 10:00 to give me time to get to your school and to set up and get organised. Students could fill in the time before by looking through the syllabus and identifying any red light topics that they need most help on. This is always useful in the Q and A.
- All materials produced and the information contained in them is right at the time of publication.
- Cancellation by us due to unforeseen circumstances will mean your whole fee will be refunded.
- Cancellation by you is free up to 14 days before the event. After this the fee will be 75% of the cost, so 25% will still be refunded to you.
- A quote from us for a seminar is not binding until you send back a confirmation and a 25% deposit.